Search This Blog

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Diving Timing

You know those times when a grand idea hits you. It looks grand, sounds grand, everyone around you thinks it’s grand. They even pledge their support. Then nothing happens…it just doesn't click, and you find yourself looking for excuses why you just can’t right now. Or procrastinate until the idea loses its pizzazz.
I can make myself crazy asking, “Why am I dragging my feet? Why can’t I just get off my lazy butt and get moving on this?” I tell myself (or others tell me) I am in that dreaded place of resistance.
So what happens next? Yep, we beat ourselves up. Spinning out on all the whys…”Why am I in resistance, what’s underneath it?” And the hows…”How can I get out of it? How can I break through this block?” Sometimes we can even work ourselves sick over it. How convenient! Now we’re too sick, we can’t do anything.
It has occurred to me that resistance is not necessarily the operative here. I have been considering Divine Timing and how it plays in all this. Have you ever struggled and pushed to get something done and just when you’re ready to quit, everything falls into place? Think of all the times those great ideas come up and they just flow. No muss, no fuss, sweet and simple…orchestrated like a symphony. It’s as if we weren’t the one doing it…Hey, wait a minute! Could it be that a Higher power was in control? That we were in that magical zone of Divine Timing?
When we are in divine timing, all we need to do is basically get out of the way, and allow. How simple! It feels like it has a life of its own; we feel energized and “juicy.” Without divine timing our endeavors require a lot of push energy and it’s exhausting, difficult to feel “up” about it.
The next time you don’t feel like doing something, instead of jumping into the resistance game, go inside and check on what’s really going on. It could indeed be resistance, but I bet 90% of the time, you just aren’t in Divine Timing for that particular thing. That’s when you relax, trust, and know that everything is right on track. Gee, that sounds like good everyday advice!
Namasté
Yvonne

No comments:

Post a Comment